Consultation has concluded. You can view more details about the plan on our website at https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au/Western-Sydney-Infrastructure-Plan-Local-Roads-Package(External link)
The Australian Government is funding a $200 million Local Roads Package as part of the Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan. Funding has now been allocated for Penrith City Council to improve road safety and traffic flow efficiency at key intersections along Erskine Park Road.
The project is progressing to final design. Council is inviting community feedback on the concept design and Review of Environmental Factors for the project.
Key features of the proposed upgrade
• Erskine Park Road and Bennett Road – upgrade the intersection and install new traffic signals
• Erskine Park Road and Peppertree Drive – upgrade the existing intersection to a new seagull intersection
• Erskine Park Road and Coonawarra Drive – upgrade the existing intersection to a new seagull intersection
• Erskine Park Road & Explorers Way – upgrade the intersection and install new traffic signals
• Erskine Park Road between Coonawarra Drive and Bennett Road – upgrade to four lane median separated dual carriageway (two lanes in each direction) and a new shared user path
At the completion of the Erskine Park Road Upgrade, Erskine Park Road will be widened to a four lane dual carriageway between Bennett Road and Explorers Way to join the existing four lane sections towards the M4 Motorway and Swallow Drive.
The upgrade will significantly improve road safety and traffic efficiency
What are the next steps?
• Council is currently inviting community feedback
• Detailed Design starting early 2017
• Construction starting late 2017
To view the proposed upgrades go to the Document Library (top right of this page) to view the concept drawings and project overview.
These are also available in hard copy at the Penrith City, St Marys and St Clair libraries.
Further information regarding the Australian Government’s Local Roads Package can be found on the RMS website. Go to http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/projects/sydney-west/local-roads-package/index.html
How can you give feedback?
We encourage you to send us your comments by Friday 23rd of December 2016.
Email WSIP@penrith.city or send feedback to:
Design and Projects, Erskine Park Road Upgrade
Penrith City Council PO Box 60 Penrith NSW 2751
We will carefully consider your feedback and continue to keep you updated as the proposal progresses.
Please contact the Have Your Say team on 02 4732 7402 or at WSIP@penrith.city