The public exhibition has finished and the deadline for written comments has passed.
Penrith City Council recently sought feedback in relation to the draft Penrith Developer Infrastructure Agreements Policy.
This policy details Councils proposed processes and requirements for the negotiation, execution and implementation of infrastructure agreements, including Voluntary Planning Agreements (VPA) and Works in Kind Agreements (WIKA).
Council has prepared the draft Policy in order to:
- Provide a consistent and streamlined process for entering into agreements;
- Have clear probity standards for agreements;
- Provide the community with confidence in the agreement process and the delivery of infrastructure by parties other than Council;
- Assist in facilitating the timing of infrastructure delivery to meet the needs of our growing community;
- Enable developers to directly provide urban infrastructure as part of their developments where this is in the public interest and the infrastructure delivered achieves a net community benefit;
- Work with developers to create flexible and innovative solutions to achieve infrastructure and public benefits for the community;
The Draft Penrith Developer Infrastructure Agreements Policy was publicly exhibited from Thursday 3 September 2020 to Thursday 1 October 2020.
The Policy can be viewed in the Document Library to the right.
For further enquiries please contact Natalie Stanowski, Principal Planner City Planning on 4732 7777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.