People with disability and their carers make valuable contributions to our community every day. The draft Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP) 2022-26 identifies how Council will address barriers and make Penrith more inclusive. Actions are identified in four areas:
- Attitudes and Behaviours – of the community towards people with disability, which may result in limiting access to employment and/or opportunities to contribute to social, economic and cultural life.
- Liveable Communities – appropriate access to transport, housing, pathways and recreation opportunities.
- Employment - increasing the quality of employment and employment rates of people with disability.
- Systems and Processes - improving access to information, services and support.
The draft DIAP has been informed by the experiences of people with a disability, carers, family members, supporters and service providers. Further feedback will make sure we get it right.
How to have your say
- Review what we heard
- Read the draft the draft Disability Inclusion Action Plan and detailed action plan.
- Provide feedback by 9am Tuesday 10 May 2022
We want to make sure everyone can provide feedback. You can:
- Complete feedback online
- Contact Natalie Wadwell, Community Capacity Officer. Call 4732 7513 or email Natalie.Wadwell@penrith.city
- Book a conversation with a community group of up to 8 people. To keep everyone safe and comfortable, COVID-safe protocols for each session will be identified and followed.
- Talk to us via a free interpreter or the National Relay Service. Call these services Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 4732 7513: